I rarely wear nail polish. In fact, I have never used even half of a bottle of polish before it has turned into a hard plastic. If you add a couple drops of paint thinner to the polish bottle and mix it for 2 minutes it will extend the shelf life by a lot. A lesson learned a little late for my bottles of cement but maybe it can help you.
Use up the last of a bottle:
Some smart people created accessories with a little wire and nail polish. I bet you could make some really cool stuff with this process. You could also use the thicker dry cleaner wire hangers too, I bet. If you try this let me know how it worked out for you!
Earth Day bonus! Tired of your colors or just run out? Annually Zoya runs an Earth Day Promotion. You can send your old used bottles of nail polish to Zoya for a 50% discount on new polish purchases. The 2015 promotion has not been announced yet on their site, so check back HERE. A Zoya representative notified me that the annual special would more than likely be brought back and to check back in with the site towards the end of April for details.
- Create your own nail polish color. Just use clear polish and left over powdered make up.
- Paint dresser knobs for an updated look.
- Make a collection of mini vases.
- Add some color to xmas ornaments.
- Clean out bottle of polish with thinner/remover and use as a travel size perfume applicator.
- Create minimalist mini bud vases. Submerge nail polish bottles in wet cement.
- Pretty up some bobby pins for your hair.
- Update your old jewelry with a pop of new color.
- Use clear polish on the bottom of metal containers to prevent rust.
- Swipe clear nail polish onto costume jewelry rings to prevent the dreaded green skin color.
- Make your own unique designed nail polish headphone cord.
- Forget the rubber key cover. Just use different color polish on each key. A lot prettier than hardware store options.
- Marble paint your coffee cups. Have a little color with your coffee.
- Dress for Success An organization which “provides suits and makeup for disadvantaged women to wear to job interviews and then, later, to work”.
- Glass Slipper Project An organization that gives away free prom dresses and accessories to high school juniors and seniors in Chicago and the surrounding areas.
- Polished Girlz Takes nail art parties to girls with special needs or severe illnesses.
Well Polished, a natural beauty bar and nail salon used nail polish bottles to make a chandelier statement piece.
Get creative and recreate these vintage Christmas looks this year with nail polish!